October 2002 - April 2013: Senior Staff Software Engineer at Sigma Designs
www.sigmadesigns.com), Milpitas (San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
At Sigma Designs, I am working on platform independent hardware library drivers
for HDMI Tx and Rx, video outputs and inputs (Timing and signal setup), clock
distribution in our line of Secure Media Processors, as well as code for CEC,
I2C, Bt.601/656, LVDS, I2S and SPDIF interfaces.
Some select projects:
- HDMI Tx driver API design, as well as implementation for a variety of third party chips
- API design and implementation for video (HDMI, YPbPr, CVBS, S-Video, SCART, VGA, Bt.601,
Bt.656, LVDS) and audio (I2S, SPDIF) output control and setup
- EDID parsing and creation library
- HDMI CEC library
- Library for HDMI packet and CEA-861 InfoFrame parsing and creation
- Aspect ratio handling within scaler setup, including support for Active Format
Descriptors (AFD) and bar data.
- Processing of stereoscopic 3D content from various source formats to matching HDMI
3D output modes.
- Various test and debug applications for the libraries mentioned above
Furthermore, I am taking part in CEA R4.8 WG7, designing future versions of the CEA-861
specification, and I am an active member of the HDMI Forum TWG, working on the HDMI 2.x
Most of my development is in C (Platform independent and Linux), with some parts
in Perl, bash script, and occasionally C++.